Every season Diva Chavi pours over a bevy of Thanksgiving magazines, blogs and a multitude of cookbooks to prepare for the Divas annual Thanksgiving Feast. Our guests list of 25 includes, close friends, Diva Dwellers, a few FIUTS international students, and Diva Kim’s Italian Mama from Jersey. As Diva Kim’s Mama says “Thanksgiving at the girls is not just a dinner -it’s a party!”
The menu this year may just be the most amazing spread anyone has seen at Chez Diva yet. Diva Dweller Aaron will rotisserie his Turkey bought from Bob’s Quality Meats in his oil drum BBQ. Diva Chavi is butterflying and roasting a Heritage turkey found at Capitol Hill’s own Rain Shadow Meats. Diva Kim is making cheese balls from a Cooks Country recipe, homemade crackers and a cranberry almond upside-down cake. Other friends are making homemade chevre, a glazed ham, sourdough stuffing with sausage, roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes slathered in melty marshmallows, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls from our pal Tracy’s Wyoming mama’s recipe and then there is dessert.Â Brace yourself – in addition to Kim’s cake there will be pumpkin pie, pumpkin chiffon pie, pecan chocolate torte, pumpkin caramel cheesecake and sugar cookies.Â And, of course, we can’t forget about our veggie eating friends. For them our pal Josh is preparing veggie stuffing and an amazing vegan gravy.
Many of us where inspired by our favorite local food bloggers. Seattle is really blessed to have such an awesome community of food writers. Below is our short list of some of our favorite folks:
- Kim O’Donnell – Great site for the meatless in all of us.
- Art of Gluten Free Baking – Our little lady of the Four Chickens is delightful and we love reading about her adventures.
- Can Across America – The kids behind teaching and inspiring canning to a new generation.
- Salty Seattle – Oh salt you make the world go around!
- Orangette – It has been awhile since our lady of Delancy in Ballard has written anything. But the blog is stunning!
- Gluten Free Girl – Always delighted to see what tasty items come out of this Vashon Island duo.
- Cook Local – Fabulous ideas for the home cook.
Enjoy this years inspirations and have Happy Thanksgiving!