Thanks to our pals at Washington Realtors, of which Team Diva are proud members, for this months Market RE Search recap.
- 70 Mortgage Bankers Index of Commercial/Multifamily Originations, 2010:Q3 (compared to 100 in 2001)
- 9% Delinquency rate for commercial mortgage backed securities.
- 4.8% Statewide Apartment Vacancy Rate, 2010Q3; down from 6.9% a year ago (see our recent blog post about rentals)
- 480,000 sf net absorption of office space during third quarter in 6 Washington commercial markets tracked by CoStar. Is Washington state have an expanding business strategy? We think so!
- $248,900 Median home sales price in Washington, 2010:Q3
- $16.83 Average retail rent per square foot (annual) in 6 Washington CoStar markets.
- 23,600 Increase in Washington employment October 2009 to October 2010.
- 9.4% Average of Industrial Vacancy Rates in Greater Seattle, 2010:Q3.
- 65,100 Population growth in Washington from 2009-2010.
- 6.43% Proportion of Washington home mortgages seriously delinquent, 2010:Q3. National average is 8.70%.
All stats stated above come from the Winter 2011 issue of the Washington Realtors magazine.