Summer is here!
The Divas asked what my favorite things were to do around the Seattle area during the summer and I’m happy to share. Our region is perfectly situated for either a fabulous staycation or a jumping off point to some great day trips! After living here for so many years, I’ve gotten to live in Beacon Hill, Capitol Hill, West Seattle and Edmonds….. I’ve seen so much of the Puget Sound and still feel lucky to live here every day!
Here are some of my favorite local summer adventures:
- West Seattle not only boasts some fantastic beaches at Alki- but also a waterfront saltwater pool at Lincoln Park! You can rent a kayak, go biking or just walk around with your camera all gobsmacked at the views. When the tide is low, the Seattle Aquarium hosts guided tours of the shoreline- bring your boots and go muck around!
- Afternoon lunch on the Covered Deck at the Pink Door – fantastic views, great food and downtown people watching at Pike Place Market. If you stay for the late night show, you’re apt to see a great sunset and some snazzy burlesque.
- The Deck at Pony is always a favorite. I enjoy some R-Rated art with my beer! A necessary stop for anyone wanting to check out Capitol Hill life.
- Are you super outdoorsy? Take a light hike on Rattlesnake Ridge or if you’re a little more ambitious- you can trek to the top of Tiger Mountain to cheer on the Paragilders.
- Venture north! LaConner is just an hour away and you can eat an ice cream cone bigger than your head at Snow Goose Produce. If you need company for this adventure, let me know! I’m always craving ice cream!