I, Diva Kaz, am excited to announce my new Community Partnership agreement with Humanities Washington.
“Humanities Washington is the state’s flagship non-profit for promoting and providing programs based in the humanities. Since 1973, Humanities Washington has provided a rich array of programs, exhibits, and experiences to hundreds of thousands of people across the state.
Humanities Washington mission is to spark conversation and critical thinking using story as a catalyst, nurturing thoughtful and engaged communities across our state.Â It does this be partnering with a wide network of communities, organizations, and individuals to offer a variety of programs and events. Its core work includes:
- Speakers Bureau: Feeding inquiring minds through engaging discussions.
- Traveling Exhibits: Touring exhibitsÂ to Washington communities.
- Family Reading: Building literacy and cultural understanding using the power of stories.
- Grants: Fostering the humanities with grants to projects and organizations.
- Bedtime Stories: Celebrating great Northwest writers and the art of the short story.
- Washington State Poet Laureate:Â Promoting poetry across the state.
- Think & Drink: Hosted conversations on provocative topics and new ideas to pubs and tasting rooms around the state.
I was introduced to Humanities Washington when a friend invited me to their 2011 Bedtime Stories literary gala and fundraiser. During the event, five local authors revealed new work based on the theme, “12:01 a.m.” Authors such as Jamie Ford (Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet) and Stephanie Kallos (Sing Them Home) read short stories written specifically for the Bedtime Stories event. Always a fan of a good book, I fell in love with the organization and wanted to support their mission.
Through this community partnership, every time a Humanities Washington member or friend/family/donor referral buys or sells a home with me, Coldwell Banker Bain will donate an amount equal to 10% of Coldwell Banker Bain’s commission to Humanities Washington. That means if a Humanities Washington member or referral bought a home for $350k, Humanities Washington would receive a donation in the amount of $1,050.00. Team Diva strongly believes in giving back to our local community and we Divas adore Humanities Washington’s work to foster community, culture, arts, and literacy.
Join Us: Join me, Diva Kaz, at 7pm on Wednesday, May 9th for the next Seattle Think & Drink event: Harlots & Heroines: Images of Women in Media and Pop Culture, at Naked City Brewery & Taphouse.
Welcome to the Diva Community, Humanities Washington!