The Big Diva Wedding Bash is just around the corner and some of our fabulous guests have already started trickling in to the city. We are feeling lucky to have so many friends and family coming in to Seattle from far-off places and want to make sure they have the best time possible in this incredibly place we call home. So without further adieu, here’s just a few details to keep our favorite out-of-towners healthy, happy, and hip.
Get Around Like a Diva
If you aren’t a city dweller (or even if you are), sometimes driving in a new city can be the most dreaded part of a trip. Lucky for you, Seattle has a few great options for transportation. For those of you who are daring and want to use public transportation, you can easily use apps such as Transit and One Bus Away to track where you want to go, how to get there, and just how late your bus is inevitably running.
However, we Divas tend to stick with our favorite ride-share service, Uber Car. This app let’s you map your location, estimate fares, and track the location of your car in real time. In general, their UberX service is cheaper and more reliable than any lame, expensive taxi company. We strongly STRONGLY encourage you to use Uber to get to the wedding because parking for the wedding ceremony at Velocity Dance Center is generally hard to find given its location!
Shop Like a Diva
Need to pick up a new tie or cute cocktail dress before the wedding events commence? Just looking to kill some time with the money that’s burning a hole in your purse? Take an afternoon and check out some of our favorite shops that keep our Diva lifestyle afloat.
- Retail TherapyÂ for cute knick-knacks and new undiesÂ (home of the new DivaHQ Unveiling)
- Retrofit HomeÂ for when you want to spice up your drab bedroom or change up your living room decor
- Nordstrom FlagshipÂ for a new sparkly party dress for our Welcome Happy Hour and Burlesque Affair to Remember
- Le FrockÂ for some of the best vintage finds in the city
- Elliot Bay Book CompanyÂ for a new book to dive into and satify the hungover bookworm in each of us
- The FinerieÂ for the real Divas and designer fashionistas
Eat Like a Diva
We love nothing more than a few nibbles and some decadent desserts every once in awhile. While you’re in town, make sure you stop by some of these places and be fed by the very best. They all certainly know how to treat a Diva.
- Poquitos for the best late night margaritas and guacamole in town
- Momiji’s Sushi RestaurantÂ for freshest, tastiest, and prettiest sushi outside of Japan
- Quinn’s Pub for the gastropub meat lovers
- Plum Bistro for the environmentalist vegan crowd
- PettirossoÂ for those who want a little taste of Italy in the heart of Seattle
- Oddfellows Cafe + BarÂ for the casual afternoon snack, coffee, and libation
- Cafe Presse for small French plates and the best croque madame money can buy
- PanevinoÂ for the most decadent pasta, pasta, and more pasta you can find
- Coterie RoomÂ for a little Northwest shared-plate delight for the Ã¼ber foodie
- Le PichetÂ for the true francophile at heart
- The Whale Wins and JouleÂ were jointly named the #9 best restaurants in the nation according the Bon Appetit mag – somebody go try the beef tartares and report back to the Divas!!!
After-Wedding Brunch Spots
Whether you have the after party munchies or need a family friendly place for the morning after, Seattle has got somewhere to fill your tummy for the best meal of the day: Brunch!
- Lost Lake Cafe for the 24-hour spot that will be open for after-wedding munchies
- Captain Blacks for the food that restores your dignity after a long night of debauchery (walk of shame included)
- CJ’s Eatery for the greasiest morning grub you can find
- Salty’s Buffet Brunch for the biggest, freshest all-you-can-eat seafood buffet in the Northwest
- Lola for the classier, more gourmet types – be sure to get the fresh doughnuts from Dahlia Bakery next door!
- Coastal Kitchen for the “worldly” types, now featuring Veracruz, Mexico as their coast of choice
- Americana for a classic big fat American brunch
Fun for the 21+ Divas
We all need a little libation every now and then. Whether you want a dive or a dream, there’s something for all of our 21+ on Capitol Hill.
- Captain Blacks for a dive bar with a deck view of the city
- Poco Wine Room for afternoon wine sipping and paired nibbles
- Canon for Gatsby-esque craft cocktails by Seattle’s most famous barhand, Murray
- Von Trapp’s for Belgium-lovers and some “Bier, Brats, & Bocce”
- Tommy Gun for craft cocktails at a Diva hood all-time favorite
- Linda’s Tavern for the best dive bar in town, perfect for a late summer night
- Zig Zag for world-renowned cocktails downtown
- And for the late night dancey folk, hit Revolution @ the Baltic Room on Thursdays
Family Fun for the Mini-Divas
Although we don’t have to worry about our canine kids as much, we understand lots of our friends have to make sure the human kids are entertained. Here are some fool-proof Seattle gems that will keep any youngster (and even their parents) smiling.
- Pike Place Market, the classic Seattle icon, always full of friends, food, and fun
- The Waterfront for the views, the seafood, the aquarium, and the new Seattle Great Wheel
- Duck Tours for the touristy types who want to hit all the site in one shot
- Seattle Center – take the afternoon to check out the Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, EMP Museum, and the brand new Chihuly Glass Garden
- Cal Anderson Park for a hipster paradise, complete with weekly bike polo and Molly Moon’s Ice Cream across the street
- Volunteer Park for an afternoon full of summer sun or a day at the Asian Art Museum
- Gameworks for keeping the kids busy with video games, while the adults hang in the bar