This month, Team Diva Real Estate is featured in the “ASK” section of a fabulous new Seattle-based design magazine, Gray. We were approached a couple of months ago by the mag’s editor-in-chief and mutual friend, Rachel Gallaher, about being the resident real estate experts for a spot in the Spring issue. We met Rachel through our Diva Dweller friends Austin and Sergey quite some time ago. Rachel is adorable and a true Diva, so when she approached about answering a few real estate questions for the new mag, we were ecstatic. It was super fun and we are in love with this new publication.
Gray Magazine itself is absolutely beautiful – it’s pure design dork and house porn junkie material. Started near the beginning of last year, this magazine is definitely making a scene. It showcases design through architecture, landscape, interior design, industrial design, decor, and entertainment with a uniquely Pacific Northwest perspective. All we have to say is it’s about time someone started focusing on what the PNW has to offer in terms of delectable design awesomeness – so thanks Gray!
In this issue if Gray, we were asked some of the Do’s and Dont’s of real estate, both for buyers and sellers. Here’s what we said:
Tips for Buyers:
- Finding and Agent: “Look for someone who is experienced, has a lot of energy, seems like someone you would like to hang out with, and is willing to be awesome on your behalf.”
- What to Look for in a Home: Looking for a house is a very personal experience. Make sure to find one that makes you feel excited, one you could see yourself living in for a long time. Find that one house that inspires you to want to put time into it planting a garden, building a new deck…having fun!
- Making an Offer: According to the Divas, today’s market is hot, hot, hot! Make sure to have your financing in order and understand what your are buying. As a little bonus, they suggest sending a nice letter about what a great homeowner you will be.
- Best Prep for Moving In: Don’t forget the dog! (It’s a lesson the divas learned the hard way.)
Tips for Sellers:
- Finding an Agent: “The bottom line is that you need an agent who is built for the new market. That means they know what the Interwebs are, and they know how to market your home using fabulous photography and social media. Homes are selling, but the homes that are selling for top dollar are expertly marketed by the next generation of real estate pros.”
- Rooms and Areas to Focus On: Get your house in order before people come to take a peek. Focus on the front yard, kitchen, and master bedroom. If the kitchen isn’t visually appealing, potential buyers might get the impression that the home will need more work than they would like.
- Floors and Walls: “Divas love loud paint colors,” they say, but what many of us forget is that your home’s wall colors might not reproduce well online. Don’t be blah-beige. Be fun, just think through how well it is going to photograph for real estate sites.
Want to read the full issue? Check it Issue No. 9 in the digital magazine section of the Gray website.